$15 rolling fee, or $25 done at your home or place of choice i.e. Starbucks, Borders, Office, etc.
WHO NEEDS LIVE SCAN?
Applicants for employment or licensing in occupations or positions required by California State law to provide criminal history information prior to the render of service. Live scan has become the most common method for obtaining applicant fingerprints of the following applicant types:
- School employees including principals, teachers, office workers, instructional (classroom) assistants, bus drivers, and custodians
- Community Care licensees including child daycare employees, home daycare providers, elder care givers, nurses, doctors, coaches, certified medical assistants, foster parents, and adoptive parents
- Also, applicants for licensing in California as Realtors, Notaries Public, Stock Brokers, Attorneys, Pharmacists, Psychologists, MFTs, Licensed Social Workers (LCSW), Driving Instructors, Vehicle Salespersons, Vehicle Dealers or any other vehicle industry related occupation licensed by the California Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV).
This is by no means a "definitive" list. Requirements and legislation are constantly evolving and changing. Several industries and occupations have legislation pending, furthering the use of live scan technology in employment and applicant processing.
ABOUT LIVE SCAN
APS Live Scan & Notary Services located in Fremont, California is certified by the California Department of Justice and FBI as an authroized Live Scan Fingerprinting Provider. The Notary Public is a NNA Certified and Background Screened Notary Signing Agent who is fully Licensed, Insured & Bonded. Live Scan Fingerprinting and Notary Public Services are offered in Alameda County. APS is totally mobile and there is no travel charge for our customers. We come directly to your home, office, or school at no extra charge..
- Live Scan is an electronic means of capturing fingerprints and then transmitting them to the California State Police, Department Of Justice, and the FBI. Previously, fingerprints were taken by applying ink to each finger, then rolling each finger on a fingerprint card. By processing fingerprints electronically, criminal history responses can be provided within 72 hours, as well as an California State Police notification of future convictions
- Provide data analysis from highly skilled fingerprint specialists
- Using state-of-the-art fingerprint technology, electronically transmit fingerprints and related data to the California State Police, Department Of Justice, and FBI.
- Quick results
Electonic live scan fingerprinting eliminates errors and multiple "hits" associated with name checks, and ensures the accuracy of the background check. Rest assured--no two fingerprints are the same; EVEN IDENTICAL TWINS DO NOT HAVE THE SAME FINGERPRINTS !
For our potential customers, this state of the art fingerprint technology was once only available to law enforcement agencies.
We also offer on-site service for organizations and corporations with groups of 25 or more.
APPLICANT GUIDELINES FOR A LIVE SCAN
|OBTAIN A REQUEST FOR LIVE SCAN SERVICE|
Prior to scheduling your Live Scan appointment, you must obtain a Request for Live Scan Service (BCII 8016) form (except childcare licensing applicants-see below) from the employer or agency. SCCOE Live Scan Fingerprint Unit accepts Requests for Live Scan Service forms from any employer or agency approved for Live Scan by the DOJ (provided the form’s information is complete). Please be aware that the SCCOE Fingerprint Live Scan Unit does not issue forms for any employer or agency (including the SCCOE). It is the applicant’s responsibility to obtain the appropriate form(s) from employer(s)/agencies.
|School Employee Applicants|
For Classified Employment (including permanent positions, non-permanent or substitute assignments).
For Certificated Employment.
In such cases, the second REQUEST FOR LIVE SCAN SERVICE form will be provided to you by the Credential Services Unit at the Santa Clara County Office of Education (SCCOE) upon submission and completion of required documents.
|Community Care Licensing Applicants|
This form will also automatically request a Child Abuse Central Index (CACI) check if needed. The Child Abuse Central Index name check is an additional background check required for individuals associated to any facility that cares for children. This requirement became effective January 1, 1986. If the CACI check is required, an exemption cannot be granted until this portion of the background check is also cleared. Effective January 1, 1999, the Department of Justice provides CBCB with notification of any subsequent incidents of child abuse after the initial clearance.
|All Other Applicants|
All other applicants for state licensing or permits for occupations and positions such as Emergency Medical Technician (EMT), Notary Public, Nurse, Pharmacist, Real Estate, Social Worker, and Stockbroker should obtain a REQUEST FOR LIVE SERVICES form from their employer or agency representative (i.e., public employer, regulatory agency, state board, etc.).
|SCHEDULE A LIVE SCAN APPOINTMENT|
You must have the following with you to your appointment in order to be processed: